The plan adheres to the guidelines set out by the BC Ministry of Health and WorksafeBC. Anyone who is seen not adhering to this plan will be asked to leave the building.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE ACADEMY:
• Do not arrive more than five minutes before your child’s scheduled class.
• Note the signage on the front main doors and throughout the building.
You must use the hand sanitizer near the main doors upon arrival.
Anyone with any symptoms of Covid are not permitted in the building. Symptoms include: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headache.
CIRCULATION WITHIN THE ACADEMY
After you have used the hand sanitizer, go directly to your studio. You will find ‘X’ marks in the yellow room and hallways where you will place your shoes.
Please arrive dressed for class as change rooms have limited occupancy.
Please ensure your dance bag is as small as possible. Place it in the designated separate area in the studio.
Although travel will resume to 2-way, please use common sense not to crowd or block the hallways.
CLEANING PROTOCOL – THE BUILDING AND YOU
The Building – ongoing, nightly, studio cleaning and disinfecting by our professional cleaners will continue.
Air flow – our building ventilation systems circulate clean air constantly into the studios. Specialized MERV13 filters are installed in all our units to ensure enhanced air quality.
- Masks are to be worn in all common areas on The Academy premises. Masks in class will be specific to the class.
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival, after each class and when exiting for the day.
- Maintain personal distancing at all times while on premises, especially during breaks.
- Read and understand posted signage to support the measures we have in place.
- Bring a dance bag that is as small as possible.
- Try not to bring any unnecessary coats or extra clothing items.
- Clean and sanitize your yoga mats and put in designated area.
- Stay home when you are sick.
There will be designated areas in the Academy for students who have breaks between their classes. Chairs will be set up in the yellow room, distanced. As well, two other rooms will be available for studying. We will have sign-in sheets at the office so we can control and limit the number of students in each area.
Please continue to pick-up your child from the side doors of the building.
If possible, please park along River Road or use the loading zone to drop students off. Please remember that you can park in areas marked ‘Permit Parking Only’ but NOT in front of fire hydrants or anywhere marked ‘No Stopping’. Our parking lot will have limited spaces.
Designated dance areas will be marked off for each dancer. You must abide by the markings. Please note we will continually assess all of our procedures. The exact class schedule has been altered to allow for wipe-down breaks, avoid crowding, etc.
Let us all act responsibly and as safely as possible.
If you have any questions, please ask.