The plan adheres to the guidelines set out by the BC Ministry of Health and WorksafeBC. Anyone who is seen not adhering to this plan will be asked to leave the building.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE ACADEMY:
• We will be sending you the exact window of time that your child should be dropped off at the main entrance of the Academy.
• Do not arrive more than five minutes before your child’s scheduled drop-off time.
• Note the signage on the front main doors and throughout the building.
• Visitors are not permitted into the building.
• Dancers only and if necessary, one parent.
• Follow marking on the floor for physical distancing.
CHECK IN & SHOES OFF
Each person will be required to sign in and have their temperature taken. This will include signing that you have no symptoms of COVID. Symptoms include: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headache. In addition, you will sign that you are not close to anyone who has arrived from outside Canada.
You must use the hand sanitizer on the Sign-In table upon arrival.
CIRCULATION WITHIN THE ACADEMY
After shoes have been removed and put in your Ziploc bag, and you have signed in and used the hand sanitizer, you will go directly to your studio. You will find the ‘X’ marks in the yellow room and hallways where you will place your Ziploc bag containing your shoes.
Change rooms are closed as is the upstairs of the Academy, so you must come dressed for class.
Please ensure your dance bag is as small as possible. Place it in the designated separate area in the studio.
Travel will be one-way within the Academy. You will enter at the front main entrance. You will go to your studio. You will exit out of the Yellow Room doors.
To use the washrooms, you will exit out of the yellow room walk outside to the main entry
and reenter. The current gent’s washroom will be re designated to a ladies and gent’s
washroom. There can be no more than one person in each washroom at any time.
General travel down the hallway will go in One Direction only – towards the Yellow Room. If for any reason you must get back to the main office area, you must exit out of the Yellow Room and walk outside of the main entry doors and sanitize again.
CLEANING PROTOCOL – THE BUILDING AND YOU
The Building – increased studio cleaning and disinfecting has been ongoing by our professional cleaners who come in nightly to do thorough cleaning.
Air flow – our current state of the art air conditioning heating units circulate clean air constantly into the studios. In addition, we have just installed specialized MERV13 filters into all our units to ensure the most filtered air possible.
Staggered Class Times with Wipe Down Times After Each Class – Class times are scheduled to avoid any crowding. After every class there is a 15-minute time slot during which all bars, floors, doorknobs, will be wiped down and disinfected. Hand sanitizers will be outside of each studio.
• Always wear your mask while in common areas of the Academy. Masks are only optional in the actual classroom.
• Sanitize your hands upon arrival, after each class and when exiting for the day.
• Maintain personal distancing at all times while on premises, especially during breaks.
• Bring a dance bag that is as small as possible.
• Try not to bring any unnecessary coats or extra clothing items.
• Clean and sanitize your yoga mats and put in designated area.
• Stay home when you are sick.
There will be designated areas in the Academy for students who have breaks between their classes. Chairs will be set up ion the yellow room, distanced. As well, two other rooms will be available for studying. We will have sign-in sheets at the office so we can control and restrict the number of students in each area.
Designated dance areas will be marked off for each dancer. You must abide by the markings. Please note we will continually assess all of our procedures. This is the start. As we re-open some things may change. The exact class schedule has been altered to allow for wipe-down breaks, avoid crowding, etc.
Let us all act responsibly and as safely as possible.
If you have any questions, please ask.