The Richmond Academy of Dance is internationally recognized for its outstanding training programs encouraging individuality and attention to detail. These principles reflect the Academy’s aim to ensure its students’ proper development as both dancers and as individuals.
Professional and motivated teachers are committed to providing the highest possible quality of dance education for all our students. The Academy's multi-disciplined focus is unique to the Lower Mainland as it produces dancers of the highest standard set to become Canada’s newest young professionals in the performing arts world.
The Richmond Academy is a member of the BC Dance Educator’s Association, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, West Coast Tap Dance Collective, BC Alliance for Arts and Culture, Richmond Arts Council, Canadian Dance Assembly, BC Artist Registry, Candance.org and has teachers who have obtained Registered Teacher Status with various international organizations including the Royal Academy of Dance.
The Richmond Academy of Dance is what inspired me to pursue a life of movement and art, and if it weren’t for the exceptional tools and generous guidance I received…I would not be where I am today. – Stephanie Amurao (Academy graduate; Julliard School graduate; Former Company Member with Switzerland's Bern:Ballett, Israel’s Batsheva Dance Co. and LA Dance Project; Berlin-based freelance dancer)
The Richmond Academy is proud to be a recipient of:
- The Ethel Tibbits Women of Distinction Award 2013 for Women in the Arts
- The Pacific West Award 2009/2010/2013/2016 for the dance studio with the most positive attitude, peer encouragement and intercultural respect
- A finalist for the Richmond Chamber of Commerce Award 2013 for Business Excellence
- A finalist for the Richmond Arts Award 2009/2012/2015 for Arts Education
- Richmond News Best Of Richmond Award 2019 / 2020 / 2021
- A Top 3 Dance School in Richmond by ThreeBestRated.ca 2019/2020/2021
- The Best Dance Studio in Richmond by The Quality Business Awards 2020/21